Prestizia Insurance Blog
As they say, there is no safer place than home. But we can never avoid all accidents--even at home. A simple negligence of leaving toys after playing with them may be a risk to everyone’s safety. However, no need to be over-thinking safety. You should also fully enjoy the comfort of your own home, be it indoor and outdoor.
Here are some ways how you can ensure safety inside and outside your house.
1. Keep halls and stairways well lit to avoid trips, slips, and falls. Always check the condition of lightings. Change light bulbs as soon as you can. Don’t delay it for another day.
2. Check chairs, stools, and ladders’ condition before using them. A rotten part may cause fall. Ensure that they are stable when using them. At all times, position them at safe angels.
3. Keep all areas clutter-free. When you see spills, clean them immediately. Keep all toys and tools after using them. In any renovation or repair that you do at home or in the garden, you may provide safety rails and barriers.
When doing so, keep children away from the area, especially when tools are lying around. Similarly, when doing DIY projects, protect yourself with protective gears such as gloves, goggles, helmets, facemask, and safety shoes. In whatever product that you are using, remember to follow manufacturer’s safety instructions. Don’t handle tools or chemicals with bare hands. Never transfer chemicals to another container.
4. Avoid fire risks by regularly checking plugs and cables. Never use appliances with cracked plugs or worn cables. Don’t risk your safety by settling with electric tape.
Also, an overloaded electrical socket with too many appliances can cause fire. Be sure to limit the number of appliance in a socket. Distribute them evenly.
5. Keep clothing, furniture, curtains away from all heat source, even candles. Have gas, oil, or solid fuel heating appliance professionally checked once a year. these can be sources of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
6. Avoid electrocution by not taking electrical appliances into the bathroom. Never touch appliances with wet hands. Don’t let children be left alone in the bathroom.
7. It will help if you install smoke alarms in all areas of the house, be it indoor and outdoor. Test them monthly. Talk with your family about your escape plan in case fire happens.
Protecting your home is not just about safeguarding your investment. It means protecting you and your loved ones. As that is what greatly matters. At Prestizia Insurance Group, we take pride in making sure that our clients are well-protected at prices they can afford. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (855) 436-6353 or Click Here to request a free quote.