Prestizia Insurance Blog
There are two main types of car thieves: professional criminals and opportunists. Professional criminals usually steal cars so they can get parts. They may also re-sell the automobile under a new identity. Opportunists might have just seen a good chance to take something and went for it. Avoid tempting car thieves through these simple steps that will cut the risks of theft.
What does the policy cover?
The coverage of your insurance may depend on the protection level you took out. If you have comprehensive insurance coverage and someone breaks into your car, you can have coverage for those types of situations. It includes fire and vandalism as well as theft.
Comprehensive coverage may also cover personal property inside the vehicle up to the limits of your policy, which can vary depending on who you purchased it from.
Property can include personal items, tools, wallets, computers, tablets, and phones. You may also have coverage in your homeowners or renters insurance policy. It may be worth discussing the possibility of filing another claim with your agent.
Ways to prevent break-ins of motor vehicles
1) Avoid leaving valuables. They are shopping bags, cash, handbags or computers in plain sight inside your vehicle.
2) If you own work or trade car, install a lockable tool box. It will make sure that your equipment and tools are secure.
3) Close the windows and lock your vehicle whenever you leave it. Do this even if you'll only leave for a minute. You'll never know if someone is watching your movements to steal from you.
4) Make sure that the vehicle has a working car alarm. It should have a visible blinking red light that will deter thieves.
5) Park your car in a secure garage, near motion-sensor lights, in a busy location with a well-lit area.
6) Engrave identifiable markings with numbers on your valuables. Do this if you keep them inside your vehicle.
Whenever someone breaks into your car, make sure to call the police as soon as possible. They can provide help in identifying who might be behind it. Once they find out who is the thief they will do everything they can to keep him behind bars. Avoid touching anything until after the policy have investigated and cancel your bank cards in case someone steals them. If you have a policy with us, contact our agency about your claim as soon as you can.
At Prestizia Insurance we take pride in making sure our clients are safe and well protected at prices they can afford. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (855) 436-6353 or Click Here to request a free quote.